The Description: an introduction to various practical skills needed for life and ministry in contexts where our org generally works.
1. Trips off campus are limited to class assignments, emergencies, and
attending church or doing ministry.
2. Limit use of water and power during this time. Turn off lights at 9PM.
Use alternative battery powered light if needed or go to bed.
3. Don’t use microwaves, dishwashers or televisions.
4. Limit e-mail, face book, etc. to maximum of ½ hr. total per day per family.
5. Limit internet access to assigned homework or crucial financial
or legal business.
6. Limit long distance telephone time to 1 hour a week.
7. Follow scratch cooking guidelines and execute meal plans.
8. Participate in the assigned 2 night outing (the outing will be cancelled if
the 2 instructors deem the weather adverse). The event is voluntary
for moms and children.
We had lots of fires after the lights went out, also some sewing parties and games of speed scrabble.
I made noodles that actually were really good.
We learned about boats, motorcycles, small engines, building, chainsaws and all sorts of other things.
Here we are sharpening the chainsaws.