FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES IN DEMLAND

We live amongst a tribal group known as the Dem who are located in the mountains of Southeast Asia. We are here to learn their language, translate the Bible into their language, and teach them about God. If you would you like to receive our monthly newsletter, send us an email at: dylan_vanrensburg@ntm.org

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Around the house

Ibu Yanti clipping Raquel's nails


The tree house in the back yard. Raquel is still too scared to climb up to the top by herself.

The cheechaks sp? that inhabit our house. They come out each evening and run around on our walls, ceilings and sometimes kitchen counters:( We're hoping that there won't be so many after we've been here for a while. The house has been empty for several months so they've gotten used to having the run of the place.

We got rid of this one after he tried to get the last sip out of the Coke bottle sitting on the counter.

This is our oven that is heated by the stove top. The cookies turned out ok, but it will take some getting used to. A 9 by 13 pan does not fit in there so to make Raquel's cake I walked down the road and used another families real oven:)

2 comments:

Vernon Bowen said...

Wow~ Angie, I am so proud of you! And from here on, I cannot complain about my German oven!

Had fun reading your blog today. I really need to update myself on you guys and your whereabouts!

Praying for you and all the adjustments.

~Leigh

Vernon Bowen said...

Wow~ Angie, I am so proud of you! And from here on, I cannot complain about my German oven!

Had fun reading your blog today. I really need to update myself on you guys and your whereabouts!

Praying for you and all the adjustments.

~Leigh