FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES IN DEMLAND

We live amongst a tribal group known as the Dem who are located in the mountains of Southeast Asia. We are here to learn their language, translate the Bible into their language, and teach them about God. If you would you like to receive our monthly newsletter, send us an email at: dylan_vanrensburg@ntm.org

Friday, May 1, 2009

Our 3 year old!

We celebrated Raquel's 3rd birthday yesterday!
Our pembantu (house help) made Nasi Kuning (yellow rice) which is a special birthday meal - it was delicious. She also made the doll cake. I made the other that is supposed to be Boo's door from Monsters Inc. (She got the movie from my parents) We didn't know that she was making a cake until after I made one. All day Raquel kept running to the fridge to look at BOTH of her cakes. She kept saying 'oh my goodness, oh my goodness'

We had a few families over in the evening and she got lots of presents. I'm trying to post a video of her blowing out her candles.
She got play doh from twins Hasten and Roman, and the purse she's showing off from another family.

Raquel and Hannah blowing bubbles

2 comments:

Aunt Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Raquel!! Hope you had a fun fun day. Love you lots.

The Spors said...

aw, looks like fun! Nice job on the cakes. I see the phonics thing on the fridge-how is that? I expect her to be reading by next week. please post a video of it:)