FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES IN DEMLAND

We live amongst a tribal group known as the Dem who are located in the mountains of Southeast Asia. We are here to learn their language, translate the Bible into their language, and teach them about God. If you would you like to receive our monthly newsletter, send us an email at: dylan_vanrensburg@ntm.org

Monday, July 20, 2009

16 again...

I'm learning to drive. I don't have my license yet, but I'll get it next Saturday. To get it I have to go to the police station and pay 20 bucks. Not too involved, and no proof of actually being able drive is required. So, the first time I went out on the road my hands hurt afterwards from holding onto the bike in a death grip, but I've been practicing quite a bit this week. I didn't even kill Dylan when I drove to school. Yesterday Raquel and I went to a baby shower all by ourselves. I even had to find it on my own. It's really not that impressive as the house was about a mile away, but I was pretty pleased with myself:) Baby steps, baby steps...
Aaand we're off
The right turns are the worst (since we drive on the left hand side of the road) I think I'm going to map out ways to get to places using only left turns- it has to work eventually:)

3 comments:

phil and shell said...

Whoo Hoo! Go Angie!!! Wanna follow me next time we go to Kayu?

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for those updates. I love to hear every little bit!!

I love you all,

Mom & Grandma

Kristen said...

Very nice! I'm so proud of you:) At least this time you didn't have to take it in a snow storm.