FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES IN DEMLAND

We live amongst a tribal group known as the Dem who are located in the mountains of Southeast Asia. We are here to learn their language, translate the Bible into their language, and teach them about God. If you would you like to receive our monthly newsletter, send us an email at: dylan_vanrensburg@ntm.org

Thursday, September 24, 2009

No more hand-made clothes!!

(If you don't understand the title of this post, run don't walk to the nearest blockbuster and rent Fiddler on the Roof immediately. You'll be glad you did:)

I didn't even know these things actually worked, but since the beginning of August I've been learning the art of using a treadle sewing machine. Now that I've gotten the hang of it, it's really easy to use. Since it doesn't need electricity to run I was able to finish sewing some curtains late one night when our power went off for a few hours. I just strapped on a flashlight headlamp and continued sewing (No I don't have pictures of that:).


a beautiful butterfly:)


The bedskirt I made for our bed.
(I had the duvet cover made by a seamstress in town a while ago)


I made this the other night:) The pattern I found on line looked much cuter than this creature

but Raquel still loves it despite it's deformities. Maybe some clothes will help. Maybe not...

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the creature you made!! I laughed so hard. I think I laughed harder though at the mental picture I had of you with the flashlight strapped to your head!

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie, yes, that was a funny post- you are a funny lady, so funny funny:)

Dylan said...

It looks like frankenstein. Just kidding babe I love you. But I still think it looks like frankenstein. I love you.