FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES IN DEMLAND

We live amongst a tribal group known as the Dem who are located in the mountains of Southeast Asia. We are here to learn their language, translate the Bible into their language, and teach them about God. If you would you like to receive our monthly newsletter, send us an email at: dylan_vanrensburg@ntm.org

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My leg (here you go Laura:)

These are the few pictures that I took while Dylan was gone.  There aren't many since I wasn't walking much, in fact I took all these pictures from the couch.  I'm putting up these first and then pics of my leg, so if you're squeamish, don't scroll down too much- that's your warning:)

Here is Kendra at around midnight waiting for the rat that we kept seeing running from a hole in the window screen to the kitchen and back.  The plan was for Bri to hit it with the broom enough to stun it and then Kendra would kill it with a shovel they found.  I was going to be the photographer of this event, but eventually we gave up waiting and went to bed.  

 The kids painted beautiful masterpieces. (I lied.  I didn't even take this picture, Kendra did:)

Gideon got to watch Cars a lot while I was lying around. Jericho and Roman are just two months apart and it's very fun to watch them crawl around and try to eat each other.

 Gideon was soooo happy to see his daddy after a week.   So was I!!!!!:)

Ok here they come...

This first picture was taken on Tuesday which is when I started taking an antibiotic.  It had started out as just a mosquito bite that I scratched open.  I had been cleaning it and trying to keep it covered, but it got infected and it was starting to be very painful to put any pressure on that leg. 



In spite of an additional antibiotic and bed rest, 3 days later it looked like this. 



And it just kept getting worse until Monday when I went to have a debridement
 (that means cutting out the bad stuff:). 
Pretty gross huh? 
   
 And now it's all pretty and healing with no infection!  Praise the Lord!!!!
 The white stuff on the edges is cream that was on the gauze so it doesn't stick.
And this is what happened after a week of taking mega doses of antibiotics.  Hives!
Thankfully they only lasted a couple days, and were just itchy, not painful:)

What a mighty God we serve!  He showed himself in so many ways-  Dylan was able to make it home the day of the 'surgery' and for the 5 days that I was on bed rest there were many wonderful people (some who I'd never met before) around me who took care of my kids, got water for me to soak my leg 3 times a day, drove me to the doctor, cooked for us etc. etc.  It was a difficult week, but God's faithfulness was evident and I was so blessed by the service of other believers.  Thank you to everyone who was praying for me!

3 comments:

aunt lyd said...

You look lovely even with hives:) Love you guys and will continue to pray. It is a wonderful reassurance knowing that God is taking care of you even in times of pestilence!

Laura said...

Wow, Angie. My respect for you has grown even higher - good GRIEF!!! That is horrifying - that THAT can happen from an infected mosquito bite. You know, it is really good news that you were somewhere you could get an antibiotic - I mean, that looked really really serious. Anyway, so thankful you are on the mend. WOW.

Becca said...

CRIPES!!!! That is NOT okay. So happy to hear you're better!